|CraneVeyor Corp.Crane Manufacturing
Free-standing, economical, pre-engineered and easy to erect top riding crane system.
The free-standing structure is designed and
manufactured utilizing formed structural steel
members. The unique frame design eliminates
the need for A-frame legs, X-bracing or tie-offs
to the building. There are no crane loads imposed
into the building structure. Less of your valuable
production space is required for the efficient
TransTop System than for other systems.
Meets or exceeds applicable requirements of CMAA, UBC, ANSI, OSHA, AISC and AISI. The structures are engineered
to meet and exceed rugged Seismic Zone 4 building code
requirements for a durable and dependable system.
Standard systems up to 5-ton capacity use pre-engineered, stock components to provide low cost and quick delivery.
Engineered TransTop Systems are provided for larger spans,
heights, and capacities to 25 tons.
Runway beam connections are of all bolted construction featuring structural rigidity. No field welding is required. You can easily add another bay to the TransTop system or relocate the system, because it is independent of the building. The TransTop is also a great choice for outside installations.
TransTop System Specifications & Advantages:
- A top riding crane provides higher hook height than an underhung type.
- CV TF6 Series cranes up to 5-ton capacity can operate on the TransTop runway beam without the added cost and weight of ASCE rails. The TransTop system design makes it easy to align the runway span to CMAA tolerances and allow the TF6 crane to operate smoothly.
- Top riding, single and double girder cranes of larger capacities and spans operate efficiently on TransTop systems with ASCE or square bar rails.
- The TransTop rigid frame design requires smaller foundations than fixed base column type runway supports. The unique design simply bolts to the floor or to the foundations. Most concrete floors (5” minimum thickness) are suitable for supporting TransTop systems up to 2-ton capacity. Heavier systems may require foundations or enlarged base plates. The smaller foundation requirement allows more convenient placement of the columns, easier installation and lower cost.
- Runway electrification is insulated conductor bar. Other conductor systems are available on application.
- The crane and structure are blast cleaned and coated with a primer and safety yellow enamel finish for an attractive, tough and durable surface. Other colors are available on application.
- CraneVeyor is a licensed fabrication shop and designs to UBC and OSHA Code requirements, CMAA guidelines, and other applicable code requirements.